pinning columns in the data editor

Maguin, Eugene

Didn’t it used to be possible to pin a column and slide others past it? I’m pretty sure it was but “pin” or a plausible synonym is not on the data menu or the right mouse given column selection. There was nothing on it in help-topics and I know it’s not in the syntax ref (it’s not syntax). So, where’s it hiding?

Thanks, Gene Maguin

Re: pinning columns in the data editor

Jon Peck
You can split the DE data view horizontally and vertically by using Window > Split or by dragging the very inconspicuous mullions (they have three dots) on the window borders.  Then scroll appropriately.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Maguin, Eugene <[hidden email]> wrote:

Didn’t it used to be possible to pin a column and slide others past it? I’m pretty sure it was but “pin” or a plausible synonym is not on the data menu or the right mouse given column selection. There was nothing on it in help-topics and I know it’s not in the syntax ref (it’s not syntax). So, where’s it hiding?

Thanks, Gene Maguin

Re: pinning columns in the data editor

jhaltiga
Indeed those mullions are inconspicuous! Never knew what they were. Thanks Jon

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Jon Peck [via SPSSX Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can split the DE data view horizontally and vertically by using Window > Split or by dragging the very inconspicuous mullions (they have three dots) on the window borders.  Then scroll appropriately.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Maguin, Eugene <[hidden email]> wrote:

Didn’t it used to be possible to pin a column and slide others past it? I’m pretty sure it was but “pin” or a plausible synonym is not on the data menu or the right mouse given column selection. There was nothing on it in help-topics and I know it’s not in the syntax ref (it’s not syntax). So, where’s it hiding?

Thanks, Gene Maguin

http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/pinning-columns-in-the-data-editor-tp5734897p5734898.html
To start a new topic under SPSSX Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from SPSSX Discussion, click here.
NAML