ctbales significance and subtotals

emma78
Hi,
is it possible to create a ctable with subtotals and show the significance
for subtotals within the normal table for significances?

I can use CATEGORIES=ALLVISIBLE or  CATEGORIES=SUBTOTALS but is threre a
possibility to get the result in one table?

Thanks in advance!

Re: ctbales significance and subtotals

Jon Peck
Yes (as of V24).  You specify this on the COMPARETEST subcommand.  Here is an example using employee data.sav.

CTABLES
  /TABLE educ  BY jobcat
  /CATEGORIES VARIABLES=educ [8, 12, SUBTOTAL='Subtotal1', 14, 15, 16, SUBTOTAL='Subtotal2', 17,
    18, 19, 20, 21, SUBTOTAL='Subtotal3', OTHERNM] EMPTY=INCLUDE POSITION=AFTER
  /CATEGORIES VARIABLES=jobcat ORDER=A KEY=VALUE EMPTY=INCLUDE MISSING=EXCLUDE
  /COMPARETEST TYPE=PROP ALPHA=0.05 ADJUST=BONFERRONI ORIGIN=COLUMN INCLUDEMRSETS=YES
    CATEGORIES=SUBTOTALS MERGE=YES STYLE=SIMPLE SHOWSIG=NO.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 2:26 AM, emma78 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
is it possible to create a ctable with subtotals and show the significance
for subtotals within the normal table for significances?

I can use CATEGORIES=ALLVISIBLE or  CATEGORIES=SUBTOTALS but is threre a
possibility to get the result in one table?

Thanks in advance!

Re: ctbales significance and subtotals

emma78
Hi Jon,
thanks for your answer.
I know this option but now I have only the significances for the subtotals,
what I want is all significances together: for the subtotals and the
'normal' values, is that posible too?

Re: ctbales significance and subtotals

Jon Peck
You cannot directly get the test statistic both for the subtotal and the categories that are subtotaled.  The subtotal significance calculation replaces the calculation for its individual categories.

However, you can stack a copy of the variable above or below the table with subtotals and exclude from it the categories that are in the subtotal and thus get both tests.

You might think of creating the subtotal as a computed category, but computed categories do not participate in significance tests.