changing comma to period in SPSS output

abdul karim
Hi,
I am using SPSS 16. My SPSS output tables display the results with comma like for 2.00 it displays 2,00. From "options" I have also selected decimal separator as "period" but the problem is not solved. Similarly, in data input mode, it displays comma at the place of decimal. How to correct this problem?

Regards,

Abdul Karim KHAN
Doctorant, Gestion des Ressources Humains
CERGAM - Université Paul Cézanne Aix-Marseille
IAE Aix en Provence,13089, France

Re: changing comma to period in SPSS output

Henrik Lolle-2
Hi Abdul,

I have had the same problem on two computers. On one of them I could
solve it by changing the language on the Control Panel (Regional and
Language Options). On the other this didn't work.

Best,
Henrik

Quoting abdul karim <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,I am using SPSS 16. My SPSS output tables display the results with
> comma like for 2.00 it displays 2,00. From "options" I have also
> selected decimal separator as "period" but the problem is not solved.
> Similarly, in data input mode, it displays comma at the place of
> decimal. How to correct this problem?
> Regards,
>
> Abdul Karim KHAN  Doctorant, Gestion des Ressources Humains  CERGAM -
> Université Paul Cézanne Aix-Marseille  IAE Aix en Provence,13089,
> France

Henrik Lolle
Department of Economics, Politics and Public Administration
Aalborg University
Fibigerstraede 1
9220 Aalborg
Phone: (+45) 99 40 81 84

Re: changing comma to period in SPSS output

AndreasV
Abdul:

You can switch between commas and dots as decimal separators by selecting the appropriate code page (see http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/windows/info_windows_locale_table.htm for details). From within SPSS this can be done with the 'set locale' command. For example, to use the French regional settings (including a comma as the decimal separator, the command under MS Windows is

set  locale="fr_FR.windows-1252"

whereas

set  locale="en_US.windows-1252"

sets the US settings with a dot as the decomal separator.

These commands work in SPSS version 16 and above. For older versions use

set  locale="French_France.1252"

and

set  locale="English_United States.1252"

Andreas.