casestovars

Maguin, Eugene

Am I missing or misunderstanding something? Suppose a data record consists of 5 rows and one of the variables, call it ‘zz’, a string var, has a nonblank value for one of the 5 rows. What I’d like to have happen is for zz to expand in the restructured file to zz.1 to zz.5. My reading of the autofix subcommand is that that event can not be made to happen. Am I misunderstanding or just missing something?

Thanks, Gene Maguin

Re: casestovars

David Marso
Administrator
DATA LIST /XX (A3).
BEGIN DATA

XX
END DATA.
CASESTOVARS /AUTOFIX=NO.

LIST.

Generated Variables
Name XX 1 XX.1
                2 XX.2
                3 XX.3
                4 XX.4
                5 XX.5

XX.1 XX.2 XX.3 XX.4 XX.5

                    XX

Number of cases read:  1    Number of cases listed:  1

Maguin, Eugene wrote

> Am I missing or misunderstanding something? Suppose a data record consists
> of 5 rows and one of the variables, call it 'zz', a string var, has a
> nonblank value for one of the 5 rows. What I'd like to have happen is for
> zz to expand in the restructured file to zz.1 to zz.5. My reading of the
> autofix subcommand is that that event can not be made to happen. Am I
> misunderstanding or just missing something?
> Thanks, Gene Maguin

Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to email me.
---
"Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in abyssum?"