amos error : the specified model is probably unidentified

amos error : the specified model is probably unidentified

shwetabehera
ModelFit.savModelFit.amw

Hi,

I am getting the error "The model is probably unidentified. In order to achieve identifiability, it will probably be necessary to impose 1 additional constraint." when I run my AMOS model. Attaching the spss file and amos file.

Kindly help.

Re: amos error : the specified model is probably unidentified

Maguin, Eugene
I think it would be easier to analyze your model if you posted a model diagram, which Amos will produce along with the error message text. It might also be useful to post the Amos model syntax so that we can read the model formulation. And, if this is a complex model, it would be helpful to provide a narrative to explain the complexity. By "complexity", I don't mean, for example, a CFA model that has 50 indicators and 10 factors. I mean a model that elements that are unusual in some way.
Gene Maguin

I am getting the error "The model is probably unidentified. In order to achieve identifiability, it will probably be necessary to impose 1 additional constraint." when I run my AMOS model. Attaching the spss file and amos file.

Kindly help.

To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to [hidden email] (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the command. To leave the list, send the command SIGNOFF SPSSX-L For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command INFO REFCARD

Re: amos error : the specified model is probably unidentified

shwetabehera
Hi Eugene,

Really thanks for your reply. I got what was the error in my data. It was not normally distributed. I treated the data and now my mode fit test is running.

Thanks!