Quantcast

Scatter plot with standard errors

nina
Dear all,

to produce a bivariate scatterplot of two variables X and Y, I use this simple syntax:

GRAPH
  /SCATTERPLOT(BIVAR)= X WITH Y
  /MISSING=LISTWISE.

However, both X and Y represent mean scores aggregated from individual values of 20 different samples. Given that sample sizes are very different (ranging from n=20 to n=1350), I'would also like to show horizontal error bars in the graph visualizing the standard error of each mean. Can anyone suggest a syntax that could produce such a scatterplot?

Many thanks in advance!
Nina

Re: Scatter plot with standard errors

Andy W
I give some examples in this blog post, https://andrewpwheeler.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/on-overlapping-error-bars-in-charts/ (specific syntax at this link, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3385251/Overlap_Graphs.sps).

If you provide example data I can show examples with your own dataset.
Andy W
apwheele@gmail.com
http://andrewpwheeler.wordpress.com/