STATA

STATA – I have looked into STATA as an alternative to SPSS. The statistics it has appears to be every bit as good as SPSS's. Even its ARIMA procedure is...
Here it is: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0310&L=spssx-l&P=R14717 BTW: "STATA" is no acronym and should be sp...
Sorry the link to answer John's question should have been: http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/spss_command_to_stata.htm Dirk Am 05.05...
Stata syntax seems straightforward enough, but the output (from the hyperlinks) looks as if it came straight from a 1960s typewriter or a 1970s ...
Well, layout is also a matter of taste (personally, I still prefer the "classical" output of SPSS 6.1 to fancy pivot tables, but this de...
I've got plenty of data sets of my own, from major national surveys to the small (cumulative) data set generated by students on my courses. See:...
John, I had a look at your workshop files and as an "exercise" replicated your SPSS syntax files concerning the topic "Nominal, ...
Dirk I agree with your earlier comment about table presentation in Stata, but your SPSS table is different from what I get from SPSS (I had to ...
Dirk I really appreciate this, thanks. As well as forecasts of 23°C it gives me another good excuse not go outside and weed my vegetable pat...
R Versions – Hi All I am running SPSS 18 with R 2.8.1. I'd like to use the RStudio IDE which requires R2.11.1 or greater. Question: If I migrat...
Statistics versions are bound to a specific R version. The source code and build instructions for the R plugins for Statistics is provided alon...
Thanks Jon. Garry From: Jon K Peck [mailto:peck@...] Sent: 06 May 2013 13:37 To: Garry Gelade Cc: SPSSX-L@... Subject: Re: [SPSSX-...
Dirk This looks interesting. I'll post some SPSS syntax for simple jobs on data from my site and see what the Stata syntax is for the same ...
For several years I have been using SYSTAT as my base of operations with SPSS as one of the supplemental. For what I need most of the time it is ...
If it matters I regularly use data files in the 100,000 cases range with 200-300 variables. On a 64 bit system with 32 gig running an i7 at 3.40 ...
I am away from my pc that has all the other responses to my question about Stata. I was going to wait to get back to respond to one of them, but ...
Comparing SPSS and Stata is like comparing oranges to apples (or vegetables). Stata (like R and Matlab) is (primarily) an in-memory processing p...
El 03/05/2013 8:23, Stan Gorodenski escribió: > I have looked into STATA as an alternative to SPSS. The statistics it > has appears to be ...
I don't work as fast with Stata). And this from a very experienced cracker jack...
. . . and has anyone calculated the institutional cost in staff time (and stress) for the changeover? Has anyone actually displayed SPSS and...
"And this from a very experienced cracker jack statistician!" Let's be fair here, Art. When someone is an advanced user of a stats p...
Most users need to come up to speed on both stat and software. Marta also moved to STATA a few years ag...
I have used both Stata, SAS, and SPSS. I have used SPSS rather extensively since I was a graduate student, some forty-five years, or so, ago. I h...
Please note: Stata is an invented word, not an acronym, and should not appear with all letters capitalized: please write “Stata”, not “STATA”. ...