SPSS ver 22 ERROR: Attempt to connect to a remote server failed.

SPSS ver 22 ERROR: Attempt to connect to a remote server failed.

David Marso
Administrator
I am getting this apparently unresolved error and am stumped.
See results of my archive search.

One user reported successfully using a SUDO command but that is Mac specific.
Is there a Windows equivalent.

I am running version 22 on Windows 10.
http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/SPSS21-Error-Attempt-to-connect-to-a-remote-server-failed-inet-local-computer-0-td5718367.html#a5731258

Meanwhile, NO SPSS available to me.
Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to email me.
---
"Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in abyssum?"

Re: SPSS ver 22 ERROR: Attempt to connect to a remote server failed.

Jon Peck
I used to get this once in a while with V22, but I no longer have that version.  It probably means that the backend load request did not complete in the allowable time.  Assuming that nothing has changed in your system such as firewall or anti-virus settings, simply rebooting might help.  Otherwise, clearing the Registry settings might.  The key name is under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\ibm\/S/P/S/S\/Statistics

If none of that works, posting to the IBM SPSS DeveloperWorks forum (https://developer.ibm.com/predictiveanalytics/) might get an answer.

It may also depend on how you launch - opening a file from within Statistics vs double clicking in Explorer.

-----
Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to email me.
---
"Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in abyssum?"

Re: SPSS ver 22 ERROR: Attempt to connect to a remote server failed.

David Marso
Administrator
Thank You Jon!
Deleting the Registry key sufficed to fix the problem.
YAY!!!!
--
Jon Peck wrote