New SPSS Book from John Wiley

Jon Peck
SPSS Statistics for Data Analysis and Visualization by Keith McCormick, Jesus Salcedo with Jon Peck and Andrew Wheeler is now in print.

Topics covered include AMOS, simulation and bootstrapping, categorical regression, hierarchical linear models, visualization, mapping, geospatial analytics, correspondence analysis, multidimensional scaling, data preparation, neural networks, decision trees, KNN, syntax and automation, and extension commands.

The book is aimed at intermediate-level practitioners.  My role was as author of a chapter and technical reviewer for the entire book.

Re: New SPSS Book from John Wiley

Mike

So, heh, where can I find a freebie PDF of the book?  ;-)

-Mike Palij
New York University

P.S. Regarding geospatial analytics: is arcgis or some other
similar program used on are native procedures in SPSS
used?

P.P.S. I think it might be bad form to ask what the price
is (especially since there may be a copy of different versions
of the text, such as softcover, ebook, etc.) but can you
provide a link to the Wiley website where more information
is available?

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 8:50 AM Mike Palij <[hidden email]> wrote:

So, heh, where can I find a freebie PDF of the

book?  ;-)

>>> university library?

-Mike Palij

New York University

P.S. Regarding geospatial analytics: is arcgis

or some other

similar program used on are native procedures

in SPSS

used?
>>> all native

P.P.S. I think it might be bad form to ask

what the price

is (especially since there may be a copy of

different versions

of the text, such as softcover, ebook, etc.)

but can you

provide a link to the Wiley website where more

information

is available?

>>>Amazon has the paperback for $37 (shows list as $50) and Kindle for $26.39.  The Wiley site doesn't seem to have much more information.

Analysis and Visualization by Keith McCormick, Jesus Salcedo with Jon Peck and

Andrew Wheeler is now in print.

Topics covered include AMOS,

simulation and bootstrapping, categorical regression, hierarchical linear

models, visualization, mapping, geospatial analytics, correspondence analysis,

multidimensional scaling, data preparation, neural networks, decision trees,

KNN, syntax and automation, and extension commands.

The book is aimed at

intermediate-level practitioners.  My role was as author of a chapter and

technical reviewer for the entire book.

the command INFO REFCARD

Re: New SPSS Book from John Wiley

Mike

Hi Jon,

Re: freebie: not yet available yet at NYU (though McCormick's
SPSS for Dummies is) but I assume that the ebook version will
eventually become available through Wiley Online.  Then again,
I can request a copy from Wiley for my statistics course.
In any event, mazel tov!

-Mike Palij
New York University