Installing PSMATCHING3.04.spe in SPSS 25 for propensity score matching

Installing PSMATCHING3.04.spe in SPSS 25 for propensity score matching

Dedrick, Robert

 I'm using SPSS 25 (Windows 7, 64 bit) and have R 3.3.0.  When I go to SPSS Extensions Menu and click on Install Local Extension Bundle and click on PSMATCHING3.04.spe I get the message: "Cannot install selected extension bundle.  You must install the Integration Plug-in for R before installing this extension bundle.”  I’ve seen similar posts but have not seen a solution.  In the Data Menu in SPSS 25 there is a Propensity Score Matching item but the Propensity scoring matching extension, PSMATCHING3.04.spe, that Dr. Thoemmes describes is not in the Analyze Menu.  PSMATCHING3.04.spe has been downloaded to my machine but I can’t seem to bring it into SPSS 25. Thanks for any assistance.

Best,
Robert D.

Robert F. Dedrick
Department of Educational and Psychological Studies, EDU 105
University of South Florida
Tampa, FL 33620
(813) 974-5722
(813) 974-4495 (fax)

Re: Installing PSMATCHING3.04.spe in SPSS 25 for propensity score matching

Jon Peck
That PSMATCHING extension is not from IBM, but you can install it as a local extension bundle.  But you first need to install the R Essentials for Statistics.  And before that, you need to install Fixpack1 for V25, which you can get from here

Then configure it from Extensions > R3.3 Configuration.  If that menu item is not already present, get it from Extensions > Extension Hub.

See
for the R Essentials.

Once the R Essentials is installed, installing any R-based spe file should work.