Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

Ann De Jonghe
I have following recurring problem when trying to work with SPSS. On regular
basis, I got the following error 'Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics
data file (location of file) (DATA 1205). Only option you than have is to
push the ok button. When going back to the SPSS file, original data has
changed or has been removed resulting in a completely different data file.
The problem occurs unexpected, sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes only
after 5 minutes. Sofar I did not find the solution on the net. Saving the
file with another name did not help me either. Tx for helping me out ASAP as
I have a deadline.

Re: Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

Googling on that error message turns up several hits.  The first one below
suggests using a backup copy of the file if you have one.  The second
suggests saving to some other format (e.g., CSV) and then importing to SPSS.
HTH.

https://developer.ibm.com/answers/questions/441559/incomplete-truncated-spss-statistics-data-file-err/
http://www.thejuliagroup.com/blog/?p=3706

Ann De Jonghe wrote

> I have following recurring problem when trying to work with SPSS. On
> regular
> basis, I got the following error 'Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics
> data file (location of file) (DATA 1205). Only option you than have is to
> push the ok button. When going back to the SPSS file, original data has
> changed or has been removed resulting in a completely different data file.
> The problem occurs unexpected, sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes only
> after 5 minutes. Sofar I did not find the solution on the net. Saving the
> file with another name did not help me either. Tx for helping me out ASAP
> as
> I have a deadline.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

Jon Peck
This suggests an i/o error of some sort in writing the file.  Causes could include a flaky network connection if the file is on a network, full disk, or, maybe, running out of memory (RAM) when writing the file.  If the file is in use by another SPSS session at write time, you would normally get a contention error message, and the file would be saved under a different name derived from the original one.