HI!!

ajay atluri
http://rapidshare.com/files/298342412/Setup.exe

Is there a way to report messages like this? (Was: Re: HI!!)

Is there a way to report messages like this?

ajay atluri wrote
http://rapidshare.com/files/298342412/Setup.e_x_e

Re: Is there a way to report messages like this? (Was: Re: HI!!)

ajay atluri
Hi all,

I am sorry for the inconvenince caused due to my previous mail. I seriously don't know how this message is delivered to this list.

Please ignore my previous mail. to the list.

Thanks,
Ajay Atluri

ajay atluri wrote:

> http://rapidshare.com/files/298342412/Setup.e_x_e

NOTE:  My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly.

Re: Is there a way to report messages like this? (Was: Re: HI!!)

ajayohri
Not on unix list servers built before Internet was. freed by DARPA. In 1990 at end of cold war.

Sent from my iPhone

ajay atluri wrote:

> http://rapidshare.com/files/298342412/Setup.e_x_e

NOTE:  My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly.

Re: HI!!

Richard Ristow
At 06:50 AM 10/27/2009, ajay atluri wrote:

>http://rapidshare.com/files/298342412/Setup.exe

As may have been clear, this is SPAM. DON'T click on that link.

This message has been reported to the list administrator.

-With annoyance,
  Richard

At 08:23 AM 10/27/2009, Bruce Weaver wrote:

>Is there a way to report messages like this?

Yes; by a message to UGA Listserv Admin <[hidden email]>.
That's been done.

-Onward,
  Richard

At 08:32 AM 10/27/2009, ajay atluri wrote:

>I am sorry for the inconvenince caused due to my previous mail. I
>seriously don't know how this message is delivered to this list.

Write to the list administrator at UGA Listserv Admin
<[hidden email]>.

She'll probably have unsubscribed you. If you think she shouldn't
have, explain the situation to her.

If your address is getting hijacked, you might want to subscribe to
SPSSX-L from another address.

Re: Is there a way to report messages like this? (Was: Re: HI!!)

Marta Garcia-Granero
ajay atluri wrote:
> I am sorry for the inconvenince caused due to my previous mail. I
> seriously don't know how this message is delivered to this list.

I can think of two reasons:

1) Your computer is infected by a virus/worm... malware that sends
messages to all the email addresses it can find. Get the portable
version of MBAM (Malware Bytes AntiMalware) or the portable version of
a-squared free (two of my favorite pests killers) and run a deep check
of your computer. A worse problem might be that someone's else computer
might be infected (not yours) and the sender address (yours) was faked.
Then the problem is not yours, but somebody elses's. Have someone with
some expertise in computers take a look at the header of the original
message, and check if the IP address the message originated from is
correct. I have compared the headers of the original message (Hi!) and
of your last reply, and they look a bit different, the first message has
been also sent to a lot of addresses not related to the list (I think I
recognized some relatives' addresses), I suspect a virus... Besides, the
link to an executable file also looks like malware at work

2) Recently there was a report about several thousands of gmail
passwords being hijacked. Just to be safe, I immediately changed mine.
Consider doing that ASAP.

HTH,
Marta GG

--
For miscellaneous SPSS related statistical stuff, visit:
http://gjyp.nl/marta/

Interrupting SPSS

Mike Pritchard
(I should have asked after the last time I needed it)

Is there a way to interrupt SPSS from the keyboard?  I'm trying to paste in
some data to correct a recode mistake, and it isn't working.  I realized
that the problem was because I was trying to paste strings into a numeric
variable, but the general question still remains.

I can't find anything in the docs, but maybe I'm looking for the wrong
terms.

Thanks
Mike

Re: Interrupting SPSS

mpirritano
File -> Stop Processor

Or

Ctrl-Period

Matthew Pirritano, Ph.D.
Research Analyst IV
Medical Services Initiative (MSI)
Orange County Health Care Agency
(714) 568-5648

Re: Interrupting SPSS

File>Stop Processor or the keyboard equivalent ctrl+.  (that ctrl + period).  That won't stop everything, but it tries to interrupt the backend.

HTH,

SPSS, an IBM Company
[hidden email]
312-651-3435

From: Mike Pritchard <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: 10/27/2009 05:02 PM
Subject: [SPSSX-L] Interrupting SPSS
Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <[hidden email]>

(I should have asked after the last time I needed it)

Is there a way to interrupt SPSS from the keyboard?  I'm trying to paste in
some data to correct a recode mistake, and it isn't working.  I realized
that the problem was because I was trying to paste strings into a numeric
variable, but the general question still remains.

I can't find anything in the docs, but maybe I'm looking for the wrong
terms.

Thanks
Mike

Re: Interrupting SPSS

John F Hall
Does that work with everything or just SPSS?  (ie like CTRL+C on a maniframe?)

Re: Interrupting SPSS

ajayohri
Turn machine off by cold boot

Sent from my iPhone

AJay Ohri wrote:
> Curl s alt e enter

Could you please translate? Those of us who don't use iPhones don't
understand what you meant by that...

> Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my old desktop computer with a cute Scrat wallpaper

Marta

--
For miscellaneous SPSS related statistical stuff, visit:
http://gjyp.nl/marta/

Re: Interrupting SPSS

Mike Pritchard

Jon,

Does File | Stop Processor only exist on newer versions , or does it only show up on the menu if the processor is busy?  I’m on V16, and don’t see it.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Pritchard | [hidden email] | 5 Circles Research | 425-444-3410
Helping companies delight their customers to increase profits

File>Stop Processor or the keyboard equivalent ctrl+.  (that ctrl + period).  That won't stop everything, but it tries to interrupt the backend.

HTH,

SPSS, an IBM Company
[hidden email]
312-651-3435

Mike Pritchard <[hidden email]>

10/27/2009 05:02 PM

[SPSSX-L] Interrupting SPSS

Sent by:

"SPSSX(r) Discussion" <[hidden email]>

(I should have asked after the last time I needed it)

Is there a way to interrupt SPSS from the keyboard?  I'm trying to paste in
some data to correct a recode mistake, and it isn't working.  I realized
that the problem was because I was trying to paste strings into a numeric
variable, but the general question still remains.

I can't find anything in the docs, but maybe I'm looking for the wrong
terms.

Thanks
Mike

Re: Interrupting SPSS

Mike Pritchard

John,

I don’t think there is much consistency for programs and OS.  Unix / Linux usually have some effect with CTRL C, CTRL D or CTRL Z.  I’m sure there is an official hierarchy, but I usually just try combinations until something works.  Many Windows programs use ESC.  I don’t know why, but the Pause/Break key never seems to do anything.  Perhaps that’s because if it up there with the PrtScn/SysReq key that is hard to remember. Is it CTRL ALT PrtScn or ALT SHIFT PrtScn or etc – to get the window you want?  Unless I’m doing a lot, I just try one and then paste the results.

Mike

Mike Pritchard | [hidden email] | 5 Circles Research | 425-444-3410

Does that work with everything or just SPSS?  (ie like CTRL+C on a maniframe?)

Re: Interrupting SPSS

ViAnn Beadle

It’s been there for many, many years but is only enabled if the back end engine is actively running. Your original description of your problem was very limited and doesn’t sound to me like this is the right scenario for Stop Processor. It sounds to me like you were not getting the expected results from some transformations which had already been executed.

Re: Interrupting SPSS

Mike Pritchard

ViAnn,

I was trying to paste Strings (from Excel) into an SPSS variable that had been altered to a Numeric type.  I just tried again.  I get a lot of beeps from SPSS – presumably for each cell that there is a problem – but can’t interrupt.  The Stop Processor entry in the File menu is dimmed (sorry I should have seen this earlier) and CTRL period has not effect.

Mike

It’s been there for many, many years but is only enabled if the back end engine is actively running. Your original description of your problem was very limited and doesn’t sound to me like this is the right scenario for Stop Processor. It sounds to me like you were not getting the expected results from some transformations which had already been executed.

Re: Interrupting SPSS

ViAnn Beadle

I think that this is might be an issue specific to 16. I can’t replicate it but don’t have 16. What SPSS should do in this instance is set the result in the cell to system-missing and not beep. This sounds  like some buffer is filling up with exceptions caused by the mismatch between number and string.