Quantcast

Exporting SPSS Data file into MS Access Table

Exporting SPSS Data file into MS Access Table

Edward Boadi
Dear List,
Can somebody advice on how to export  SPSS (V 14.0) data file to MS Access database .

Regards.
Edward.

Re: Exporting SPSS Data file into MS Access Table

Edward Boadi
Thank Victor,
It is simple to IMPORT MS Access data into SPSS (V 14.0) .

Syntax :

GET DATA /TYPE=ODBC /CONNECT=
'DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=c:\SampleData.mdb;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;'
/SQL = 'SELECT Var1, Var2, Var3 FROM '
'`TableSampleData`'
/ASSUMEDSTRWIDTH=255 .

I am using SPSS V14.0 and will like to EXPORT  SPSS data into MS Access without going throuth
the rout of first saving the SPSS data file as a text file :

Syntax :
SAVE TRANSLATE OUTFILE='c:\SampleData File.txt'
/TYPE=TAB /MAP /REPLACE /FIELDNAMES.

and then exporting the text file into Access .

Any advice on this will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Edward.

What I do is import the SPSS file into Access rather than vice-versa.  You need to have an odbc driver set up for this, but otherwise it's pretty simple.

You can export directly into Acess with SPSS 15.

Victor Kogler

Edward Boadi wrote:
Dear List,
Can somebody advice on how to export  SPSS (V 14.0) data file to MS Access database .

Regards.
Edward.

Re: Exporting SPSS Data file into MS Access Table

Dennis Deck
You need to create a blank database first in Access

Then use: SAVE TRANSLATE /TYPE=ODBC

You can use the wizard to create the syntax.

Dennis Deck, PhD
RMC Research Corporation