Custom Tables And 508 Compliance

SUBSCRIBE SPSSX-JohnF
Has anyone had any luck in using custom tables to generate 508 compliant tables?  Basically each column in the table must have one continuous title\header, can't have two different values nested under a title\header.

Re: Custom Tables And 508 Compliance

John F Hall
Not quite sure what you mean, but I had no problems using CTABLES and copying the output to Word.  Right click table in output >> Copy, go to Word >> Ctrl+V to paste.
See: 3.2.1.4  Elaboration 4 (Income differences 2009 – 2014_CTABLES)​
http://surveyresearch.weebly.com/uploads/2/9/9/8/2998485/3.2.1.4__elaboration_4__income_differences_2009_%E2%80%93_2014_ctables_.pdf

John F Hall  MA (Cantab) Dip Ed (Dunelm)
[Retired academic survey researcher]

Email:          [hidden email]
Website:     Journeys in Survey Research
Course:       Survey Analysis Workshop (SPSS)

Re: Custom Tables And 508 Compliance

Rick Oliver
Within SPSS Statistics, the tables should be 508 compliant because the app should read the row and column headers, even for nested tables.

If the issue is creating simple two dimensional tables (one row dimension and one column dimension) for use in another application, it's simply a matter of how you specify/construct the table.

=====================
To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to [hidden email] (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the command. To leave the list, send the command SIGNOFF SPSSX-L For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command INFO REFCARD

Re: Custom Tables And 508 Compliance

David Marso
Perhaps paste an example of the desired table and the syntax you have
attempted to use to construct such a table? Two dimensional tables are
simply varA BY varB in the TABLE subcommand.

From the glorious FM:
CTABLES
CTABLES is available in the Custom Tables option.

Note: Square brackets that are used in the CTABLES syntax chart are required
parts of the syntax and are not used to indicate optional elements. All
subcommands except /TABLE are optional.

CTABLES

 /FORMAT MINCOLWIDTH={DEFAULT}  MAXCOLWIDTH={DEFAULT}
                     {value  }              {value  }

         UNITS={POINTS}   EMPTY= {ZERO   }   MISSING= {'.'    }
               {INCHES}          {BLANK  }            {'chars'}
               {CM    }          {'chars'}

 /VLABELS VARIABLES= varlist

         DISPLAY= {DEFAULT}
                  {NAME   }
                  {LABEL  }
                  {BOTH   }
                  {NONE   }

 /MRSETS COUNTDUPLICATES= {NO }
                          {YES}

 /SMISSING {VARIABLE}
           {LISTWISE}

 /PCOMPUTE &catname= EXPR(expression)

 /PPROPERTIES &catname &catname...
              LABEL= "label"
              FORMAT= summary format ... summary format
              HIDESOURCECATS= {NO**}
                              {YES }

 /HIDESMALLCOUNTS COUNT = {5      }
                          {integer}

 /TABLE  rows BY columns BY layers

 /SLABELS POSITION= {COLUMN}  VISIBLE= {YES}
                    {ROW   }           {NO }
                    {LAYER }

 /CLABELS {AUTO                  }
          {ROWLABELS= {OPPOSITE} }
                      {LAYER   }
          {COLLABELS= {OPPOSITE} }
                      {LAYER   }

 /CATEGORIES  VARIABLES= varlist

    { [value, value, value...]                              }
    { ORDER= {A} KEY= {VALUE           } MISSING= {EXCLUDE} }
             {D}      {LABEL           }          {INCLUDE}
                      {summary(varname)}

     TOTAL= {NO  }  LABEL= "label" POSITION= {AFTER } EMPTY= {INCLUDE}
            {YES }                           {BEFORE}        {EXCLUDE}

   Explicit value lists can include SUBTOTAL=’label’, HSUBTOTAL=’label’,
MISSING, OTHERNM.

 /TITLES  CAPTION= ['text' 'text'...]
          CORNER=  ['text' 'text'...]
          TITLE=   ['text' 'text'...]
          Text can contain the symbols )DATE  )TIME  )TABLE

 /SIGTEST TYPE= CHISQUARE  ALPHA= {0.05              }
                                  {significance level}

          INCLUDEMRSETS={YES**}
                        {NO   }

          CATEGORIES={ALLVISIBLE**}
                     {SUBTOTALS   }

 /COMPARETEST TYPE= {PROP}  ALPHA= {0.05              }
                    {MEAN}         {significance level}

          ADJUST= {BONFERRONI}  ORIGIN=COLUMN
                  {NONE      }

          INCLUDEMRSETS={YES**}  MEANSVARIANCE={ALLCATS   }
                        {NO   }                {TESTEDCATS}

          CATEGORIES={ALLVISIBLE**}
                     {SUBTOTALS   }

          MERGE={NO**}
                {YES}
Row, column, and layer elements each have the general form

 varname {[C]} [summary ‘label’ format...] {+}  varname ...
         {[S]}                             {>}
When nesting (>) and concatenation (+) are combined, as in a + b > c,
nesting occurs before concatenation; parentheses can be used to change
precedence, as in (a + b) > c.

Summary functions available for all variables: COUNT ROWPCT.COUNT
COLPCT.COUNT TABLEPCT.COUNT SUBTABLEPCT.COUNT LAYERPCT.COUNT
LAYERROWPCT.COUNT LAYERCOLPCT.COUNT ROWPCT.VALIDN COLPCT.VALIDN
TABLEPCT.VALIDN SUBTABLEPCT.VALIDN LAYERPCT.VALIDN LAYERROWPCT.VALIDN
LAYERCOLPCT.VALIDN ROWPCT.TOTALN COLPCT.TOTALN TABLEPCT.TOTALN
SUBTABLEPCT.TOTALN LAYERPCT.TOTALN LAYERROWPCT.TOTALN LAYERCOLPCT.TOTALN

Summary functions available for scale variables and for totals and subtotals
of numeric variables: MAXIMUM MEAN MEDIAN MINIMUM MISSING MODE PTILE RANGE
SEMEAN STDDEV SUM TOTALN VALIDN VARIANCE ROWPCT.SUM COLPCT.SUM TABLEPCT.SUM
SUBTABLEPCT.SUM LAYERPCT.SUM LAYERROWPCT.SUM LAYERCOLPCT.SUM

Summary functions available for multiple response variables and their
totals: RESPONSES ROWPCT.RESPONSES COLPCT.RESPONSES TABLEPCT.RESPONSES
SUBTABLEPCT.RESPONSES LAYERPCT.RESPONSES LAYERROWPCT.RESPONSES
LAYERCOLPCT.RESPONSES ROWPCT.RESPONSES.COUNT COLPCT.RESPONSES.COUNT
TABLEPCT.RESPONSES.COUNT SUBTABLEPCT.RESPONSES.COUNT
LAYERPCT.RESPONSES.COUNT LAYERROWPCT.RESPONSES.COUNT
LAYERCOLPCT.RESPONSES.COUNT ROWPCT.COUNT.RESPONSES COLPCT.COUNT.RESPONSES
TABLEPCT.COUNT.RESPONSES SUBTABLEPCT.COUNT.RESPONSES
LAYERPCT.COUNT.RESPONSES LAYERROWPCT. COUNT.RESPONSES
LAYERCOLPCT.COUNT.RESPONSES

For unweighted summaries, prefix U to a function name, as in UCOUNT.

Formats for summaries: COMMAw.d DOLLARw.d Fw.d NEGPARENw.d NEQUALw.d
PARENw.d PCTw.d PCTPARENw.d DOTw.d CCA...CCEw.d Nw.d Ew.d and all DATE
formats

This command reads the active dataset and causes execution of any pending
commands. See the topic Command Order for more information.

Syntax for the CTABLES command can be generated from the Custom Tables
dialog.

-----
Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to email me.
---
"Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in abyssum?"

Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to email me.
---
"Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in abyssum?"

Re: Custom Tables And 508 Compliance

SUBSCRIBE SPSSX-JohnF
Tried to pass along examples, however attempted to paste small table excerpts in a reply to no avail and then passed along as attachments in a reply, that didn't seem to work either.

Anyone have any ideas how to pass along an example(s)?

Re: Custom Tables And 508 Compliance

David Marso
Administrator
http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/Custom-Tables-And-508-Compliance-td5735937.html#a5735943

If you reply to the link above you can insert an image or under the More
button you can upload a file.
Nabble is much more user friendly than the Listserve interface.

Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to email me.
---
"Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in abyssum?"

Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to email me.
---
"Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in abyssum?"

Re: Custom Tables And 508 Compliance

Just don't use the "Raw text" option under More.  It causes text to be
invisible to folks who don't use Nabble.  See this thread for more info:

http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/OT-quot-raw-text-quot-tags-in-Nabble-are-making-text-disappear-in-the-UGA-archive-td5729959.html

HTH.

David Marso wrote

> http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/Custom-Tables-And-508-Compliance-td5735937.html#a5735943
>
> If you reply to the link above you can insert an image or under the More
> button you can upload a file.
> Nabble is much more user friendly than the Listserve interface.
> --
>

> -----
> Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
> Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to
> email me.
> ---
> "Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos
> ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
> Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in
> abyssum?"
> --
> Sent from: http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Custom Tables And 508 Compliance

Javier Figueroa
good afternoon

I'm curious about this: 508 Compliance, what do you mean?

I'm not sure if this is what you are trying to generate with the custom tables and insert the title of each table,

in the CTABLES command there is the subcommand / TITLES, then you have to write TITLES ') TABLE' this writes the label of each question that you include in the.

I hope this works,

Sincerely,

Just don't use the "Raw text" option under More.  It causes text to be
invisible to folks who don't use Nabble.  See this thread for more info:

http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/OT-quot-raw-text-quot-tags-in-Nabble-are-making-text-disappear-in-the-UGA-archive-td5729959.html

HTH.

David Marso wrote
> http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/Custom-Tables-And-508-Compliance-td5735937.html#a5735943
>
> If you reply to the link above you can insert an image or under the More
> button you can upload a file.
> Nabble is much more user friendly than the Listserve interface.
> --
>

> -----
> Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
> Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to
> email me.
> ---
> "Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos
> ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
> Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in
> abyssum?"
> --
> Sent from: http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/

Javier Figueroa
Procesamiento y Análisis de bases de datos
Cel: 5927-4748 / 4970-1940
Casa: 2289-0184

Re: Custom Tables And 508 Compliance

Art Kendall
This has do with making things accessible to people (vision etc.).  I do not
know whether the same standards apply to print and computer monitor uses.
https://www.section508.gov/