CTABLES - row width

Ron0z
Can anyone advise on how the row width can be increased in ctables?

I can find instructions on how to change column width but not row width
(Options>Width for Data Columns>Custom). When I changed column width I saw
the syntax include MINCOLWIDTH  and MAXCOLWIDTH. So, I tried editing the
syntax to MIN*ROW*WIDTH  MAX*ROW*WIDTH . It was just a guess.  It didn’t
work, but interestingly there were no errors reported by my invented syntax.

I’d appreciate any help on increasing row width.

Re: CTABLES - row width

Jon Peck
I suppose you mean the height of the rows.  That is driven by the font size, which you can set via a tableLook or via the pivot table editor.  You might also consider changing the border properties of the cells

If you want stripes to demarcate rows, you can do that with MODIFY TABLES.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 3:33 PM Ron0z <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can anyone advise on how the row width can be increased in ctables?

I can find instructions on how to change column width but not row width
(Options>Width for Data Columns>Custom). When I changed column width I saw
the syntax include MINCOLWIDTH  and MAXCOLWIDTH. So, I tried editing the
syntax to MIN*ROW*WIDTH  MAX*ROW*WIDTH . It was just a guess.  It didn’t
work, but interestingly there were no errors reported by my invented syntax.

I’d appreciate any help on increasing row width.

Re: CTABLES - row width

Ron0z
If I double-click on the table I can expand the space allocated for the row.
While that’s not difficult I wondered that there might be a subcommand that
could control what I have termed row width, and so prevent the text from
wrapping. Then I wouldn't have to keep doing it all the time. For example:
SPSS_question.docx
<http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/file/t340795/SPSS_question.docx>

Re: CTABLES - row width

Ron0z
let me try that again...
<http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/file/t340795/Capture.jpg>

Re: CTABLES - row width

Jon Peck
This is actually an interesting problem and something that would be generally useful.  Thinking it over, I can easily write a custom function for MODIFY TABLES that will figure out the size of the label strings in the chosen font and size and adjust the label width to accommodate that with a little bit of extra white space.  This would be based on the size on screen, so if printing, the width might be slightly different, but that could be accounted for in the white space size.

Let me know if you want to try this.