Basic test for trend question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Basic test for trend question

Dear all,

Just a basic question.  Apologies if it seems as though I am repeating
myself a bit from a previous question kindly answered by Marta Garcia-
Granero, but this is just a small clarification.

I simply want to carry out a test for trend to see if uptake of breast
cancer screening (‘screened’ or ‘not screened’) differs according to age
(four groupings from lowest to highest ages).  I have obtained the linear-
by-linear association chi square value in SPSS and just want to know the
name of this test.  Is it just a ‘chi square test for trend’ or is it
the 'Mantel-Haetszel test for trend'?